Skip to main content

Wall-e


Wall-e, originally uploaded by dash16.

If you go to the theaters and see Wall-e and sit through the credits, you'll be treated with an awesome montage at the end of 8-bit characters from the movie acting out key scenes. I haven't been able to find a screen grab of them ANYWHERE, and even tried pulling some strings over at Pixar. This is the result of a free-hand attempt at Wall-e. I'm happy with how he turned out, and is the first model I've made with no pre-existing sprite to go off. I drew my own sprite in Photoshop then made the physical model.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact info

I was going through my blog settings and noticed I had setup the contact email to go to an address I don't check often, my MobileMe account @mac.com. Some of the messages sent to it were forwarded to my primary email account @gmail.com, but after reviewing my junk mail folders for my MobileMe account I see that some messages that have been sent to me over the past couple years went unanswered. For that I apologize; I typically respond to emails sent to me as some of my followers may know. If you've reached out to me in the past and found my lack of answer displeasing, by all means don't hesitate to try and contact me again. I've fixed the glitch.

How it's done

Been really busy at work lately so haven't had much time to work on my PixelBlocks art.  I figured I'd give an update on the process I go through to make these creations.  Its sort of something I figured out on my own, and have been refining the process to make it easier and quicker for me to do. 1) I find a digital copy of the character I want to do online somewhere. There are quite a few websites that post "ripped sprites" from video games, so there's a lot to choose from.  Couple of the sites I find them from are  Game Sprite Archive  and  NES SNES Sprites . 2) Once I have the sprite, I convert it to a custom color palette in Photoshop.  There are only 20 different PixelBlocks colors (and I own 18 of them), so this can be quite a challege. Some colors don't have an equivalent PixelBlock color, so I have to either fake it or skip doing that character entirely. Magus from Chronotrigger unfortunately was skipped for this reason; I didn't have a good pur

RROD

RROD , originally uploaded by dash16 . RROD FTL.